Cunning Nowhere

In the south of China, I have learned to speak the Hokkien dialect. As I am a red(well, pale yellow)-haired barbarian, I cannot adequately reproduce the sounds of a famous profanity. But I have taken it as my own. You need to use your imagination, my dear Hokkien friends. Guds hjælp, Folkets kærlighed, Danmarks styrke, Kynings havn.

Sunday, December 18, 2005

inspiration

I am being inspired. Today my science-Hokkien friend pointed me to this article on digging a hole for ourselves. It is funny but my science-Hokkien friend sounds a lot like this old humanities-English person. Especially when he quotes English poets; the most funny part is that he likes Matthew Arnold and this English IBO person also likes Arnold. I can shake my head only.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home