Cunning Nowhere

In the south of China, I have learned to speak the Hokkien dialect. As I am a red(well, pale yellow)-haired barbarian, I cannot adequately reproduce the sounds of a famous profanity. But I have taken it as my own. You need to use your imagination, my dear Hokkien friends. Guds hjælp, Folkets kærlighed, Danmarks styrke, Kynings havn.

Saturday, July 29, 2006

two little boys

I am today reminded of old Ralf Harris song called 'Two Little Boys' except that the way Kapten Hokk described it to me, even he was disgusted. I am used to Ost-Asian schools meting powerful punishment for breaching of school regulations. Even also punishment for crimes committed in public while in uniform clothing, and prior to police action. But this is first time he is seeing caning for eating on the train.

So I asked Hokk, "Is it rule of Transit Authority to not allow eating?" He says yes, is $500 fine or something.

So I asked Hokk, "Is it for Transit Authority to enforce?" He says yes, police is not getting involved.

So I asked Hokk, "Why is your school caning the boys then?" He says because boss says reputation of school is hurt.

So I asked Hokk, "Is legal for school to enforce rule that is not school rule and also if not proper authority?"

Kapten Hokk is a very discouraged man. Then I saw the Alchemist's little icon appear. Same story. But the Alchemist, he is very sly and cunning now, tells me nothing that I have not to think for myself. Yes, good mental workout. I think now it is good idea to move elsewhere. What is use of working in Ost-Asia when it is still pretend-civilisation only?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home