Cunning Nowhere

In the south of China, I have learned to speak the Hokkien dialect. As I am a red(well, pale yellow)-haired barbarian, I cannot adequately reproduce the sounds of a famous profanity. But I have taken it as my own. You need to use your imagination, my dear Hokkien friends. Guds hjælp, Folkets kærlighed, Danmarks styrke, Kynings havn.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

movie-15

Is actually that movie-15 is existing that makes me laugh. Kapten Hokk tells me, "Eh, is a movie that makes you not see Gorillas." (Note of explanation: cognitive scientists make students look at two basketball teams, one black one white, and count how many times ball changes hands; actually two balls, so more complicated; students watch so hard they never see the gorilla that appears.)

I think is an urban legend, like the type Alchemist is always bluffing people with. After I download the 7 Mb movie, I realize that Alchemist is always telling the truth, but he purposely tells the truth in a way that people cannot believe. I call it the Kassandra effect.

More funny is that Alchemist does it for his school too. I look at some school documents, sounds like Alchemist writing. So I ask him. He is very modest, he says, "No lah, I just write the stuff that they want the Ministry to see." Well, is good enough that his school has every award under the sun. About maybe 20% is his work, I am thinking. He is able to make frogs look like strawberries. And maybe, also make gorillas look like mango pudding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home