Cunning Nowhere

In the south of China, I have learned to speak the Hokkien dialect. As I am a red(well, pale yellow)-haired barbarian, I cannot adequately reproduce the sounds of a famous profanity. But I have taken it as my own. You need to use your imagination, my dear Hokkien friends. Guds hjælp, Folkets kærlighed, Danmarks styrke, Kynings havn.

Friday, October 06, 2006

moon

It is one month I have not been blogging. Is a mad crazy world. I think I have marked maybe 500 examination papers and they have maybe a total of 1000+ essay questions in them. There is no time to have a life in this Ost-Asia.

In fact, there is not even the time to have a moon. Two nights past I am looking out the window and the sun is a red bowl. And the moon is not there at all. And at night, also. Supposed to be a full moon festival, but the air is full of smog. It is like last time in California when I was studying there.

It is all about pollution. Asians can be crazy. Yes in Sweden they have acid rain too, but in Denmark we are not so bad.

What I worry is that sometimes Asians feed their children a lot of pollution. They tell them don't be a teacher, it is not a good job. They tell them just listen, don't get into trouble and ignore whatever you don't like (the first two OK, but if you add #3, is a bad story). And even the teachers talk a lot of sardines.

Now I have more papers to mark. I think sometimes that if Ost-Asia needs Christian forenames for all the teachers, we should all be called Marcus. Ho ho ho.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home