Cunning Nowhere

In the south of China, I have learned to speak the Hokkien dialect. As I am a red(well, pale yellow)-haired barbarian, I cannot adequately reproduce the sounds of a famous profanity. But I have taken it as my own. You need to use your imagination, my dear Hokkien friends. Guds hjælp, Folkets kærlighed, Danmarks styrke, Kynings havn.

Monday, March 06, 2006

kaiii!

Yes, I am getting lazy on titles so far. My English is not very good, and sometimes I have liking for some words, just nice sounding to the ear. Although I have education from UCLA, still some of my friends say is not really English education, but Californication.

But this post is about Lim Peh. Who is this Lim Peh? I am studying the beautiful earth-language of the Hokkien, and this Lim Peh keeps appearing like a god or a dwarf from the deep places. Svirfneblin, maybe. Or svartalfen? I do not know. It is however very scary to be walking in the school canteen I am working at, and student comes up to me and says, Cekgu Nielsen, are you Lim Peh? I am almost fainted.

Worse still, I ask about this Lim Peh to Major Anonym and gang, and they are laughing like crazy, absolute crazy, and they say, he is everywhere, where you go you will find him. Then the Alchemist, he says when I ask him, no no it is not me are you mad are you crazy already they are taking away my job and make me a slave and you think I am Lim Peh.

This is madness, and Ost-Asia, it is full of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home